I'm aiming for at least one a week and maybe squeeze some extras in if I get to it!
I do not want to give the impression that I make up any of these recipes. I might add or take away ingredients, but I do not have any culinary skills besides FOLLOWING recipes :-P! My younger brother went to culinary school, he got all those skills of the family!
So here you go!
- 3 cups dried noodles (I used ziti noodles)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 8 oz cans tomato sauce (original recipe only called for 2 cans but we like things saucy)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 8 oz carton sour cream
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Mushrooms to taste (OPTIONAL - just an after thought and mushrooms never ruin anything! :-))
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease casserole dish. Cook Noodles according to their directions
- Brown & Drain beef. Add tomato sauce, basil, sugar, garlic powder, salt & pepper into pan with beef. Bring to boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in milk. Put half of this mixture in fridge for later. (I did not do this but I will next time because the onions did not cook long enough on the top layer) Then mix onions in remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Now layer casserole
- Half of the noodles
- Half of the meat mixture
- Half of the cream cheese mixture with the onions
- All of the spinach
- Mushrooms (optional) (This makes it a 9-layer casserole!)
- Remaining noodles
- Remaining meat mixture
- Remaining cream cheese mixture
- Cheddar Cheese
We are only two mouths right now -- So next time I will separate into two dishes and freeze half, it made a lot. If you are a bigger family double the recipe and freeze for an easy meal next time!
For frozen casserole --- let thaw and cook for 1hr at 350 degrees (or until heated through) then sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cook 10 more minutes uncovered.
I got this recipe from
Find this recipe and go share your own here: