Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easy Chicken Baby Recipes

I was getting a little worried about my 8 month old daughter not getting enough protein.  So I found this recipe. She still doesn't have any teeth so it's hard for her to chew meats just yet.  Hopefully it will help someone else too!  I've tested both recipes out on her and she loves them!  The original recipes came from Wholesome Baby Food.

{My new button <3 when you see this my daughter enjoyed the recipe too!}




Notes:  The two recipes both called for sweet potatoes so I cut up one large potato and the carrots and baked together.  I also had leftover chicken drumsticks (they are not good as leftovers) so that is the chicken I used!  







Recipe #1

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup cooked diced chicken or turkey 
  • 1/2 large sweet potato
  • Approx. 10 baby carrots
  • 1/4 cup grated cheddar or colby cheese


Directions

1)  Chop potatoes and carrots and bake until tender.

2)  Blend potatoes, carrots, and cheese until desired consistency.


3)  Stir in pureed chicken
4)  Serve :-D


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recipe #2
Apple & Potato Chicken Puree

Ingredients
  • 1 chicken breast 
  • 2 medium sized apples, peeled, core and diced
  • 1/2 cup peeled and diced sweet potato
  • 1 tsp cinnamon


Directions
1) Bake apples with cinnamon.  Bake potatoes until tender.
2)  Puree apples and potatoes to desired consistency.
3)  Stir in pureed chicken.
4)  Serve :-D



The whole freeze in ice cube trays did NOT work for me.  It was a pain in the rear end to get them out so I decided to just ball up and freeze this time.  Then put them in gallon bags after they were frozen.  
It has worked great so far!


1 comment:

  1. YAY! These look like god food combinations, even for people with teeth! :)

    ReplyDelete